Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Miss Q

     this little girl has quite the schedule. she has a playgroup, a music class, and we are usually doing another couple things a week with family or her other friends. she says "i yanna go." meaning go somewhere. when i ask where, her response is usually gap, target, or avery's house.
(a few of her friends from playgroup)

(Q, will, and boston at the aquarium the other day)

(with friends natalia and brayden at the bean museum)

     ever since quincy had her cookie party and i had my birthday, she is obsessed with parties. we talk about her birthday or she sings "happy birthday" everyday. she put a green plastic bowl on her head the other day and sang, "happy birthday to you...". i put the kids in the car, ran in to grab something and when i got back in the car she was singing, "happy birthday to weeeeest!". quincy will be 2 on march 28th. she can't WAIT for her party!
     i feel like i may be getting a handle on this little girl's hair. maybe. i learned that i have to do her hair for bed. that's right, a nighttime hair do. we (try to) do it every night. spray, comb out, oil scalp, section, hair milk, twist, roll, tuck....and this is the result:


     it's not neatly done, or cute, but it keeps her ends in and conditioned and will prevent breakage. a lot of people braid, we do this. it's faster and easier for me. she also sleeps on a silky pillow case and it stays in great. i have been trying to do a few new styles on her too. michele and i through emails, youtube videos, and text messages tried something new last weekend. flat twist cornrows with 2 puffs in the back. not TOO bad for my first time...but not too good really either.

      on saturday we will be going to a "hair night" in with our transracial adoption group. i'm excited to learn a thing or two from mom's with older girls. i'll post pictures after. it should be really fun.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Her twists are so cute! You are doing a great job.

I have some hair links on my blog, which I'm sure you've already seen elsewhere, but that I love to go to. And since you've been on You Tube, I'm sure you've also seen Katelynlyn's videos. They are so great!

Aerie has gotten big enough that she likes to choose her styles. It's nice. She'll sit longer for me if it's something she wants.

The Laters said...

You are such a good mommy!

Michele said...

Q has more of a social life than I do. And I think your twists are awesome! You inspired me to try! I can't wait for hair night. I have so much to learn. And I can't believe how smart Quincy is... she knows about parties and birthdays? Boss has no freakin clue.

jodeeharris said...

Oh, my little Quin. Love her and her 'yannas" so much. If I ask Avery she either wants to go to Target or Quincy's house. We need to be neighbors. Or meet at Target more often.

Jim Hadlock said...

Jill: Tell Quincy when Grandma gets home she will throw her a party!! I wonder who she is getting THAT from??? As if we didn't know. Her hair is adorable and what is even more amazing is that at her age she will let you do her hair like that.
We love all of you and we love the videos even though with the antiquated internet system in New Zealand we often have to find a time when no one else in the country in on the internet so it will run all the way through!!!! FRUSTRATING!!! Oh, well as they say here all the time--"never mind".

ShaLyse Walker said...

oh my gosh HOW CUTE. I'm seriously in love with her. We need to get together soon.